what’s in my bag, tate edition
Man, there’s nothing better than watching a kid pack his vacation bag. At the first hint of a trip, my three year old Tate will drag out his huge duffel bag into the hallway, and start filling it with his essentials. This week, in preparation for a week-long trip to Central Oregon, he packed the following.
1. Robin (his older brother was Batman) costume from Halloween 2011
2. Gangnam Style t-shirt (more on this in my next post)
3. Envelopes, for correspondence
5. Highlighter. Like mother like son. Other assorted pens.
6. Journal. For journaling. He can’t write.
7. Pastels. They melt, mark anything they graze, and oh yeah, the box has no real closure.
Tate kept packing while I snapped these photos. He, like his dad (a master packer), works in stages. Also like his dad, Tate knows the importance of packing within packing. So he likes to put his toys in boxes before he puts them in the bag. Like so.
Bon voyage, Tate.